Search This Blog

Friday, September 18, 2009

Jeremiah Johnson (1972)


Heres the movie trailer, but it does contain spoilers in my opinion so I suggest the second one.
Original Trailer
Teaser

If you watched either of the trailer you should have found out the plot behind this movie very quickly. Jeremiah Johnson (played by Robert Redford) is a mountain man. Jeremiah Johnson was really a mountain man and Robert Redford was also a pallbearer at his relocating funeral, just an interesting fact to know.

Jeremiah Johnson is a mountain man who was formerly a soldier in the civil war, I beleive he was a Yankee due to the color of his military trousers but it was never pointed out which side he was on during the course of the film. He moves up into the mountain to get away from people and find peace. He soon finds out its not as easy as he thought to be mountain man. He has absolutely no experience with the type of conditions the mountain throws at him. The mountains have their own way. He soon runs out of food store and so he trys to head further up the mountain to find some other kind of game to kill. As he does he comes across a body where he gets his new gun and shoots himself a deer! Dinner finally comes to the table. The movie is basically about Jeremiah's evolution into the mountain man he is know for being. It's an a great experience and I envy Jeremiah for being such an awesome legend. I would love to seperate myself from society and learn how to exist basically out of nothing and learn to completely rely on God and myself without all the material possessions of the day.

The pro's and con's of this film, well there aren't many con's in my opinion but I suppose if there is one, that would be that after watching it the first time, you may get bored quite easily because its just the kind of flick for a rainy day or after a long hard day of work. But really, its just an awesome chill movie, you can just watch it a million times, or just have it on in the background while doing other things, so in a way this con is a pro!

Like I said before the scenery in this movie is awesome, it was filmed in the alps of Utah which if that doesn't sound awesome just look up some photo's on google or something and I think you'll see what I'm talking about.

The second pro of this movie is the fact of the originality it has for a western. I mean mountain man makes sense for a western, but it hasn't been done a whole lot. I honestly can't think of another movie about mountain men, except for maybe a part of Seraphim Falls

Robert Redford does an awesome job, his role in this film made me like him as an actor. It was actually the first film I ever saw him in but none the less it made me like him. He also plays in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Which is another good western!

Theres just so much good in this movie, the dialogue and the character development of Jeremiah. The awesome fight scenes between Indians and the comedic side as well. Some of the things that are said in this movie cracked me up, especially Jeremiahs conversation with Del Gue (played by Stefan Gierasch).

All in all this movie owns serious face. And it is one of my favorite all time westerns. So I rank it with a 5 out of 5. Enjoy!

Here's the torrent file: Jeremiah Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment